Built about 1530 by the bailiff Groslot D'Orleans, is located then onto the territory of Checy. Its architecture is remarkable and its history is rich. in particular, a high place of orleanais protestantism during the wars of religion.
In 1348, Pierre Bourdon is lord of the island which then bears the name of his family. In 1475, Isle, burdened with a mortgage is sold to the profit of Estienne Groslet, a commercial tanner orleanais, and is then sold to Jehan Groslet (changed later to Groslot), Estienne's brother.
In 1487, the property is yielded to Jehan, brother of Estienne. Jacques, son of Jehan, obtained the lot from the bailiff of Orleans who will then preserve it between 1521 to 1545. He is also knight, chancellor of Alencon, Berry and adviser of the king. Work on the Chateau de l'Isle begins in 1530. In 1532, Jacques acquires the smallholding of & the attached feudal rights.
In 1535, He obtains from Francois 1st the authorisation to build a drawbridge. Jerome succeeds Jacques, his father, with the function of bailiff of Orleans in 1545. Invited to Paris for the marriage of Henri de Navarre and Marguerite de Valois in 1572, Jerome Groslot is victim of the massacre of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. nothing more than a child at the time of the death of his father, Jerome II, suddenly becomes an adult and devotes himself to voyages & to writing.
In 1621 its succession falls to two nephews. In 1751, the Richier heirs sell the field of Isle to Charles Maximilien Midou lord of Cormes. His brother Claude Louis Midou de Chesnaye becomes it's owner a few years later.
In 1794, the son of the last owner, also fore-mentioned Claude Louis, sells his field to Pierre Luc Francois Jacques Mainville in Orleans. In 1803, Josephine de Mainville marries of Jean-Jacques Louet de Terrouenne, who inherit's the part of the field including the castle. In 1829 the field of Isle, territory of Checy, is allotted by the council to the communes of St Denis en Val & Sandillon.
In 1829, the field of L'Isle which then belongs to Louet de Terrouenne, the mayor of St-Denis-en-Val, is attached to the commune of Saint Denis en Val. It is already a castle in bad condition but a devastating storm which saw the water rise 150 metres, the water of the Loire transformed this then stunning castle into nothing more than a pile of stone, during September 1866.
In 1866 the pressure of the river rising, the taking of the castle. It is mainly destroyed as well as the farm. In 1914, the family of Terrouenne yields the castle to the baron Henri Petiet. In 1925 the castle is registered with the inventory of historic buildings, the castle is sold to Mr. Bergeron in 1961, then to Mr. Denis Girault, who is its current owner, please note this is private property.