The village of Saint-Cirgues has a very interesting chateau from the early XVIth century,
the general shape of fortress flanked by turrets nevertheless hints at some features of kinship with the Chateaux de la Loire, it was built by Thomas Bohier, (lord) Seigneur de Saurier and St. Cirgues, who held high offices with several kings of France, Secretary of the King Charles VII, he moved to Tours, where he married Anne Prat.
In 1460 He bought the castle and the land of Saint Cirgues, near Issoire. On the death of Charles VII (1461), he remains the secretary of Louis XI and Charles VII and is knighted in 1490.
His son Thomas Bohier man, lord of St Cirgues advisor, master accounts and finance secretary of the king. Married to Catherine Briçonnet, he rebuilt the castle of St Cirgues in 1495 (but there is no formal proof of the existence of the previous castle). He is the mayor of Tours in 1497.
The castle passed to Hélène du Bouchet de Sourches de Tourzel. She married Paul Louis Marie Vogt of Hunolstein. In 1889, he still owns the castle. It is at this time that he replaces the west wall with an open arcade on the park in the Troubadour style - the architect is unknown.
On the eve of World War II, the castle, although maintained, owned by Hervé Hunolstein. Numerous personalities such as the Comtesse de Rupelmond close friend of Voltaire, the Duchesse de Tourzel, governess of Louis XVI and others became proud owners of the prestigious castle now abandoned after a terrible fire.
In 1991, a fire devastated the roof and part of the décor, it is currently undergoing restoration.
As it is today.