1175 - First writings mentioning the seigneur de Laguepie. 1212 - The Chateau is set alight and demolished by Simon de Montfort and his crusaders. 1242 - It becomes the property of Raymond VII, Comte de Toulouse
1360 - After the treaty of Bretigny it is given to the English. 1592 - The duc de Joyeuse attacks and destroys the chateau and the village, The baron Josias de Malroux is killed alongside 70 of his men. 1598 - The Chateau is rebuilt, The fortress is transformed into a residence seigneurale
1793 - The Chateau is ransacked, abandoned by the last baron, The comte de Freyssinet. 1827 - The inheriters divide the chateau, a part is preserved it currently belongs to the mairie de St Martin Laguepie,the other part is sold to private individuals, two houses are built into the chateau fortifications.
1998 - Creation of the association 'lou viel castel', the same year the lighting for the building is put in place. 2003 - Consolidation work of the walls and first opening to the public.